As the summer days keep getting warmer, it seems almost impossible at times to stay cool in the sweltering heat. Even as we’re coming closer to monsoons, sadly, we see no changes in the hot weather. It takes more than just the chilled beverages and AC to keep cool. The scorching weather not only makes us shriveled but makes us crave for sweet juices, ice-creams and cold drinks that carry a massive amount of calories and preservatives. These only provide temporary relief.
On the other hand, there’s nothing like an iced green tea on a hot sunny day to revive your mind and body. During summers, it is important that you cleanse yourself with green tea, every day. And if you thought green tea is only served hot, then please know that you can enjoy it chilled, just like an iced tea! Simply add 2-3 ice cubes, a few drops of lemon and a couple of mints leaves to your green tea and you’re good to go!
In fact, you may also try making your peppermint tea by steeping in green tea bags to boiling water. Let it cool, add some ice cubes and enjoy a cool retreat. Peppermint has wonderful cooling properties. The aroma of it can chase away laziness during extreme heat, thereby soothing your mind and body. Here’s what you can do!
Also Read: Mobility Exercises for the Obese
How to Make Iced Green Tea
- Heat water up to 80 degrees or until you see small bubbles rising to the surface.
- You need to ensure that the water doesn’t boil as green tea leaves are very delicate. They are likely to lose their subtle flavor in boiling water.
- You may add a little honey to it if you like your tea sweetened.
- Add 2-3 sprigs of mint to the hot water for that added zing.
- Next, place your green tea bags in the hot water.
- Let it steep for three to four minutes. Keeping it longer would give your tea a bitter flavor.
- Once done, add 3-4 cubes of ice to it and let the drink chill. Your iced green tea is then ready to be served.
These days, a lot of Indian tea lovers are following a healthy lifestyle and prefer healthier products as a part of their daily diet. So, include green tea in your everyday diet, which gives you a great taste and good health together.